Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Verbivore.....Happy Valentine's Day

          There are carnivores, herbivores and omnivores in this world. Some people say there are a few ‘verbivores’ that exist. I am probably one of them. I live on words and not by bread alone.

         Ever since I could began to read, books have been the windows to my soul. They became my invisible doors to escape from the harsh realities of life. Books have brought me to magical wonderlands where elves and gnomes could be seen, never ending adventures of boarding schools to solving mysteries in the faraway islands with the Famous Five. Needless to say, writing became my best friend from a young age and fantasies were never far from me.

         Growing up in a cosmopolitan society has trapped me into chasing after dreams that are shaped like the material world. Fame, glitter and wealth have consumed me like every other young graduate out there and I forgot the beauty of my childhood friends. My pen has ceased writing freely. Books were only my dates when I was sick or bored out of my wits.

        A series of rollercoaster rides in life brought me back to where I used to freely roam. I started pouring myself in written expressions. My heart could breathe again. Slowly, enveloped by the overwhelming world with its mundane tasks in the midst of mountainous storms to overcome, I stopped writing. I put down the pen. It was too painful to write.

        Painful as it is, I cannot and must not abandon this best friend of mine. I cannot stop writing. That will be like taking oxygen away from me. For better or worse; for richer or poorer; with or without an audience, I shall not stop. My pen shall live again.

p/s: I am just the pen and my Divine Author shall decide what He wills of me..

                                  Happy Valentine's Day to my Author, My Maker and My Lover

No comments:

Post a Comment