Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Mother's broth makes me think of orphans and God

A mother's broth is always the best..
Well, biologically I have one mother but in reality, I have many mothers.
Both my mother and my two aunts are like my real biological mothers and not to mention many other spiritual mothers.
I really cannot imagine growing up without them.

Last night I was sipping soup made by my aunt, packed by my mum and brought to me by my sweet niece all the way across the ocean and I felt heaven's touch. It was really delicious. Probably took my mum and aunt many shopping trips to get all the ingredients and hours to cook it. Blessed am I to beget such love!

In the midst of enjoying my soup alone, my mind wandered to many orphans who probably never have a mother's love in their lives. I thought of thousands of children living in the streets because they have no one to look after them. I thought of troubled homes, mothers with drug addictions, single mothers who are not even of legal age yet fighting on their own and perhaps gave up halfway, mothers who loved vanity more than their motherhood...what would happen to them? Who would show them the way?

Many kids grew up with a void in their hearts and deep inside, they remained a broken-hearted little child with a man-made shield covering their hearts to hide their brokenness, insecurities and hurts. They carved an image  to be someone strong and secure, building a wall around themselves where no one can ever get near the fragile heart of theirs. For fear of getting hurt, they lived a life of pretense and sometimes they do not realize it till their death beds. How do I know? Because....I was like that. The pains of growing up without a Father even though I had such a loving mother.

So where do these kids go?

If you're one of them, lost and alone, an orphan or have parents who seem like they do not care at all.. Someone cares.

God cares.

He watches every single move you make. He knows when you breathe and when you're awake. He knows every nerves and veins in your body. He knows your every thoughts, desires and deepest hurts in your heart. How does He know all this? Because He made you. Not your father or your mother but God made you.

He said:
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations." - Jeremiah 1:5


He loves you so much. If only you know how much He loves you, you would come running into His hands. So fear not, you are not alone. You are uniquely shaped and even if you're the only person in the world, He would still send His son , Jesus to die for you. There is no one like you. 

Even if your parents leave you. He has promised that He will never forget or forsake you. 

"Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you! - Isaiah 49:15

I cannot reach every homeless kid in the world but if you happen to read this, know that your Heavenly Father loves you very much and He wants you to know He has plans for you.

He promised in Jeremiah 29:11, 
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.


I pray for you and I hope to see you in heaven where we will all be united with our Heavenly Father.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment