Sunday, May 6, 2012

Take this Cup Away from Me

Many of us live with a broken heart..
How many of us have gone through life with more disappointments, rejections and loneliness than happiness?
How many of us fought battles of temptations, loss and diseases?
How many of us woke up with a mountain of struggles to go through each day?

Look at Jesus. Meditate on His life.
We have broken hearts but He would know best.
He was rejected by the very people He came to save.
He was betrayed by one of His closest and most loved one; one He has chosen to be His own.
He was abandoned by all his disciples except for John at the foot of the cross.
He suffered the worst humiliation and punishment ever existed for something He has never committed..that of our sins. The scourges, the insults, the crowning of thorns, the carrying of the Cross, the nailing on His hands and feet..

What is our trials compared to what He had to endure?
He was King but He left it all to come and save us.
Our pains and sufferings are pale in comparison to His. He understands your very pain. He understands your innermost sorrows. He understands the diseases that you have been diagnosed with. He is holding your hand. He completely understands.

Alphonsus Rodriquez endured many trials and losses. However, he endured them with joy in His heart. He wrote," Putting these sufferings between God and my soul, I must say,"What does it matter, my God, that I should endure for your love these small hardships? For you, Lord, endured so many great hardships for me." Amid the hardship and trial itself, I stimulate my heart with this exercise. Thus, i encourage myself to endure for love of the Lord who is before me, until I make what is bitter sweet. In this way learning from Christ our Lord, I take and convert the sweet into bitter, renouncing myself and all earthly carnal pleasures, delights and honours of this life, so that my whole heart is centered solely on God."

God sees what you are going through.Perhaps He is preparing something bigger for you and moulding your character. Perhaps He is giving you a wake up call to repent and come back to Him. There are so many "perhaps" but we have to trust that He will bring good out of all your sufferings.

Romans 8:28 says "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose".


All we have to do is say it like Jesus in Luke 22:42, "Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done." and trust fully in Him, knowing that if the cup is not taken away, it is God's will and He will bring good out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment