Friday, September 12, 2014

TOO much Imagination

Too much imagination. Sometimes I wonder if it's a gift or a curse. Everything I see can automatically be used as an inspiration to create something else. Unfortunately, I do not have the luxury of time to accomplish all these. 

I am already toying with the idea of my second novel with no affirmations whatsoever that I will ever get the first one published. I have not exactly met up with any publishers except for a few competitions that I've entered with the hope of getting a publication. Any recommendations?

Self-publishing sounds like a brilliant idea but with zero cash and lack of experience, I wonder if I can make that happen. In fact, I already have the book cover in mind for my first novel. Definitely another painting of mine!

Some of you perhaps may already know that I am an artist, writer and fashion designer/stylist. Juggling the different fields are way more challenging than I thought especially when you're working from home with household chores and family obligations come nagging at you during times when you should be locked away in a room writing! Sad to say, not many of us can afford that sacred studio space rented just to do writing or painting.

http://cdn3-www.craveonline.com/assets/uploads/2013/03/frustrated-writer.jpg


I guess I will just have to suck it all in and do adjustments over and over again. Hopefully by this time next year, I would have made some progress and perhaps have a space that I can let myself go and get lost in my arts.

Fridays don't make much difference to me but for those craving for the weekend holidays away from the 9 to 5 job, Happy Friday to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment