Monday, September 14, 2015

Reviews on Me, Perth Poetry Festival

I was a featured guest poet at the recent Perth Poetry Festival 2015.

Read 16 different poems over four different sessions, one impromptu. Immensely enjoyed feasting on insane language over three and a half days! Love, love, love it!

Here are reviews on me from Rochford Street Review and you can click on the link to read more about the festival. You might be interested to attend the one next year!

"As our international poet Angelina Bong was a key performer her contribution was very insightful and full of goodwill." - Words of Peter Jeffery.  The link is here: 



"Angelina Bong drew poetic parallels between writing and illness.... Angelina Bong expanded the horizons to Africa, exploring xenophobic attacks with her letter to South Africa, reminding us that our Asian connections exist in a wider international context." - Words of Amy Hilhorst. Click on the link: http://rochfordstreetreview.com/2015/08/31/a-temple-of-words-amy-hilhorst-explores-the-2015-perth-poetry-festival/  


Here are some photos from the festival!

Just below is a photo taken during a pre-recording interview to be broadcasted during World of Art session organized by Peter Jeffery. I get to briefly talked about my poetry travels to Africa and South Korea as well as read one poem.
Angelina Bong and poet Mark Reid during a pre recording interview for EBA.fm.
All the featured poets including myself was interviewed during the festival launch by WTV 44 aired during Perth City Talks. I talked about my journey to poetry and how it influenced by paintings exhibited that night :)
TV interview by WTV 44




Here are some photos of me performing which was taken from the links above by Coral Carter.

Angelina Bong performing at Moon Cafe, Perth Poetry Club, Perth Poetry Festival 2015.

Angelina Bong performing at Moon Cafe during Asian Connections, Perth Poetry Festival 2015

Below is a photo tweeted by WAPoets, the organization who invited me. I'm most grateful to them. 

Angelina Bong performing during the launch of Perth Poetry Festival 2015


The workshops were invaluable and I'm glad to have met so many wonderful, intelligent and inspiring poets! Most of all, I'm grateful for poet Sally Gaunt who hosted my stay at her place during the festival days.

Poets Sally Gaunt and Angelina Bong

No comments:

Post a Comment