Thursday, January 24, 2013

Vitiligo - You Raise Me Up

Vitiligo..

Another medical illness on my list..

I went to the skin doctor today and he confirmed that I have vitiligo. I was hoping that it might be some fungal infection but no, it was vitiligo. I guess now I know how Michael Jackson felt.

In this image-adoring world today, vitiligo could be devastating on a person's self esteem. Not to mention if you are working in an industry like Fashion. I have been reading up about vitiligo and it seemed like there is no cure for it. Just like fibromyalgia. However, the doctor prescribed some ointment that just might help. Fingers crossed! I'll leave the treatment in God's hands.

Neverending medical conditions pouring on me but I am thankful that I am still breathing, alive and kicking!
What is a little setback like medical condition. I have to admit it can be depressing, difficult and at times, you feel like a burden to others. It is difficult when you have to rely on someone to help you with daily tasks. It is depressing when you can't enjoy the things that you used to be able to do so easily and you feel like a burden  when others have to create time to help you.

I truly believe not to give up or give in to negative emotions. God knows. God cares. God understands and God has a plan.

No matter what happens, I  believe in miracles even if the miracles only happen when we reach our eternal home. God has a plan for each and everyone of us. Let us not be discouraged by a sudden illness or loss of job or any hardships in life.

I am deeply encouraged by Celtic Woman's 'You Raise Me Up'. The following lyrics really click with me and brings my soul to another level. Not to mention that their beautiful angelic voices really feels heavenly.

When I am down and, oh my soul, so weary;
When troubles come and my heart burdened be;
Then, I am still and wait here in the silence,
Until you come and sit awhile with me.

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;
You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;
You raise me up... To more than I can be.

God will carry us on His shoulders. Look at the cross. He stretched his arms and dislocated His shoulders for us. There is no greater love and deed to redeem us.

God loves you. Let not your illness be a burden but offer it up to God and He can turn it into something beautiful. This is a prayer for you and for myself. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment