Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Do you struggle to begin the day?

I woke up this morning, struggling to get up..
My chest felt extreme heaviness and my spirit feels weak
I do not feel enthusiastic at all
It's like my spirit is already dampened even before I'm awakened
I said to myself, "this can't be right"
I don't want to go on like this
I want to be full of life and joy despite any circumstances
As I pray, I struggled with 'demons' in my head..
After a long while I felt better..

Do you feel like that sometimes?
Like you don't want to roll out of bed and face the day?
You try to pray but ended up with imaginative curses pointing at you
Saying today is just another bad day
Life sucks
You are useless
When will I ever be happy
And the list goes on

I think a lot of us are battling like these everyday
We must not believe these lies
We must not give in to these feelings of hopelessness and despair
We have to start the day right as much as it is a struggle
Call on the Lord's name to deliver you from these strongholds
Ask God to break you free from all these negativity
Continue to storm heaven with prayers for divine intervention
You will be surprised that if you call on the Lord's name to
Protect and guide your thoughts and deeds every morning
And to seal you from all dangers and harm from the evil ones with His precious blood
The battle will be so much easier..you will be armed with God's glory

I found this poem by George Macdonald to be so true

With every morn my life afresh must break,
The crust of self, gathered about me fresh;
That thy wind-spirit may rush in and shake,
The darkness out of me, and rend the mesh,
The spider-devils spin out of the flesh-
Eager to net the soul before it wake,
That it may slumberous lie, and listen to the snake.

God bless you and keep you safe.
Remember to pray always.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment