Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Keep up the Race

I remember the times when I was young. My mother used to wake up every morning without fail at 4.30 am to make breakfast for me and my sister. I never used to really appreciate that but now I do. I sometimes wonder if there are days that she would be too tired to wake up, days that she just would like to sleep in and days that she was too sick to get up. Yet, she always made breakfast. Why? Because she loved us. Her love is stronger than her own interests and desires. She wanted the best for us and were committed into doing the best for us whether or not she felt like doing it.

Today, I saw this in my daily inspirational calendar.

" The proof that our relationship is right with God is that we do our best whether we feel inspired or not."

Looking back at my mother's exemplary behaviour, I thought of my relationship with God.

Have I been weary doing my best for God?
Have I failed to pick up my cross and follow Him as He told me to?
Have I slacked and sleep in just because I did not feel like waking up to pray and thank God for the new day?
Have I turned down someone in need just because I was not inspired?

Let's strive to do our best for God whether or not our emotions feel like it. "Be ready in season and out of season" - 2 Timothy 4:2

Let's keep up the race else we fall behind and lose the prize. May we able to say, "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." - 2 Timothy 4:7

No comments:

Post a Comment