Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Make-Believe

Carry me into arms of fire ablaze

with swords of love shining down

like heaven’s eyes



I cry rivers of sorrow to be kept

in crystal glasses made from

divine perspiration



Strokes of anguish set the fountains

flowing like mad into chambers

of mercy



Swift dashes of cold air sending

me to hide in exile from my

deepest desires



Forbidden truce exists in worlds of

make-believe and I wondered why

I come running



Shadows of my torn soul sit in

crooked alleys of the morbid

world beneath



Half-reaching to climb the stairways

to free conscience of warlock

twisted in anger



I fly not to grab a strand of hair

that passes me by with lingering

scent of hatred



Reside I shall in that nest of amber

till the fantasy of joy blow me to the

path of sanity

No comments:

Post a Comment