Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Little Women, Books and My Crying Days

Catching a glimpse of Little Women movie made me reminisce my childhood days. I remember how Jo from the book inspired me so much. I remembered as a kid I truly wanted to be an author like her. Perhaps it is not too late.

I remember I would spend my days at home, just lying on the couch reading one book after another. I guess my love for books had begun when I first started how to read. When I started primary school, something happened that made me dread going to school. I would cry and cry and would only stop if my mother was there. I must have been such a pain in the neck for my mother. My aunty would cajole me and buy me storybooks so I would stop crying. The headmaster would lend me storybooks while he tried to calm me down and persuaded me to stop crying.I would stop at the sight of the books but the whole cycle would continue the next day.
Till today, I could not remember the exact reasons for my prolonged crying.
Anyways, I know then that books and I were inseparable and hopefully, one day I'll pick up the courage to truly get my book published!!

I think I might just pick up Little Women and read it again tonight for old times sake. :)
If you have never read it, please do. It's a gem and a true classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment