Thursday, May 5, 2011

What and not Why

Many things can happen in life that we might not understand.
A death of a loved one, bankcruptcy, loss of a job and etc.
The first thing we will ask is, " Why us?"
"Why me??!!!!"
Sufferings and trials are unavoidable in our life.
However, they may be the very things that would help us to soar and fly.
Sometimes it's because God wants to teach us to trust in Him despite how bleak our circumstances may appear to be. Remember the Israelites in the desert. Perhaps it could have been shorter had they not turn away repeatedly from the Lord.
Remember Job? He remained faithful to God even when he lost it all and God repaid him with even more blessings.

Stay faithful to God. Cling unto him especially when you least feel like it.

A friend called me today and he told me of the trials that he went through. A man of God, he refused to cave in to the worldly and corruptive ways of business although that appeared to be the only solution. He kept faithful to God and now he is at peace as God open doors for him to do another thriving business.
He said,"Listen to your heart, not your head".
God's prompting is always soft and a lot of times, we ignore it but if you truly listen to that voice in your heart, you will be happy and at peace even if it means losing your earthly life.

His story reminds me of
Exodus 19:4
You have seen what I did to the Egyptians and how I bore you on eagle's wings and brought you to Myself. Now therefore, if you will obey my voice and keep my covenant, you shall be my own possession among all peoples; for all the earth is mine, and you shall be to me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.

The Lord carried them on eagle's wings!!!! It sure is uncomfortable but they will learn how to fly after that.
When sufferings and sorrows happen, ask what and not why.
Ask the Lord what can you learn from this?

No comments:

Post a Comment