Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Wait on Me

It is dark
No one is around
Not a single soul or spirit
It is so silent in here
Stillness is everywhere
The hours seem bleak
I can hear nothing
I can see nothing
I can only feel my own heartbeat
I can only smell decay and rottenness
Is death nearby?
Am I going insane?
Am I going to lose it?
Am I a fool?
It is getting so cold
Shivers blanketing me
Hunger torturing me
Thirst scourging me
I feel so weak
I can barely move
My bones are creaking
Yet
His words are holding me
It is still ringing in my ears
He said
Wait on Me
There are wolves and snakes out there
Waiting to devour you
Waiting to destroy you
I will come and deliver you out of this black hole
I will bring you into the light
It is safe here
I promise I will come for you
Wait on me
Trust me
I badly want to leave this black cave
It is becoming unbearable
I can only wait
As He promised
Wait on me

Do you feel like that? You feel so much suffering going within you and you’re wondering how long this suffering is going to last. You’re stuck in some place not by choice whether it is sickness, or a job, or a cheating partner or so forth and you feel like giving up but you know there is a voice inside there asking you not to give up and wait. You begin to wonder why on earth you have to suffer this way.
There are some words of wisdom from Charles F. Stanley from his book “In Step with God” that I would like to quote here.
Suffering teaches us gratitude.
1 Thess 5:18 “In everything give thanks, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
Suffering teaches us how to persevere
Don’t pull up stakes when something goes wrong. Be determined to wait for God to make His will be known to you. If you give up, you will never know the potential within your life.
Suffering enables us to share in the sufferings of Jesus Christ. Remember Paul? He suffered a lot but he was not a spiritual failure. Imagine if you are always healthy and never face a serious challenge or failure all your life, you will never learn how to identify with Jesus Christ’s death on the cross.
Suffering broadens our ministry. Paul went to prison but as a result of his ministry in prison, the gospel spread throughout Rome.
Remember the story of Job? He never gave up on God and he was blessed more than what he lost.
Job 42:12 “The Lord blessed the latter days of Job more than his beginning”.

No comments:

Post a Comment