Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Forgive Me

I am swimming in the sea of remorse and guilt,
Fishing for pleas of mercy and pity
How could I destroy the bridge that was built?
How could I crush the trust that was given infinitely?



Forgive me for my foolishness
Forgive me for my naivety
I do not deserve forgiveness
I do not deserve mercy



How could I stamp my foot on what was obvious?
How could I give in to cravings of worldliness?
How could I forget you and be oblivious?
How could I chuck away what was once blissfulness?



I hope for another chance
I hope this journey will never end
I hope I will never need to stop our dance
I hope the perfect string will not bend



I hope I will not be forsaken
Lest I’ll be lost in the sea of chaos and blindness
I hope this connection will not be broken
Lest my soul will be scattered into madness



Forgive me not for sinning
Forgive me not for running
Forgive me not for lying



But



Forgive me for hurting

No comments:

Post a Comment